Be a part of a team that focuses on hope, transformation and recovery every day! Join Casa Treatment Center as we support women battling addiction.
The Program Assistant (PA) is a on-call position that will provide coverage during the day for our Residential Treatment Program. This job may be right for you if you enjoy helping others, working in a fast-paced environment, and supporting the day-to-day operations of a treatment facility. Daily tasks may vary so we are seeking a flexible, proactive individual who can support clients and our clinical staff!
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct routine Urinalysis (UA) and breathalyzer tests and prepare lab sheet and testing materials in compliance with Casa UA testing policies and procedures.
- Conduct non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff.
- Maintain simple laboratory records and inventory for supplies and reagents.
- May be required to facilitate medication monitoring, which includes observing and documenting the clients’ self-administering of medication.
- Observe and document quality assurance records, as indicated.
- Monitor kitchen and food inventory and shop for groceries as needed or in assistance with the cook.
- Regularly walk through the property while checking on clients to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the facility. Complete and document shift checks as defined by the daily monitoring log.
- Report any identified safety concerns or potential hazards on campus to the appropriate staff.
- Identify clients in distress and contact the Clinical Director or Program Manager to assist the client in emotional regulation and stabilization.
- Scan documents to the Electronic Health Record, print sign-in sheets and daily schedules, and answer incoming calls.
- Assist with client intake, program activities, and general office duties as directed by the management staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the field of alcoholism and substance abuse treatment and prevention
- Must have computer skills required to be proficient in daily job functions and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- CPR/First Aid Certification or the ability to complete upon hire
- A TB test within the last year or the ability to complete upon hire
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Must have a driving record with 2 points or less on your license
- Ability to take and pass drug/alcohol test on a regular basis
- This position requires that the employee be able to walk up and down stairs and lift 20 lbs.
- Bilingual, Spanish, preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of duties being performed by people assigned to this job classification and position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee. Employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed to address agency initiatives.
Staff must adhere to the overall agency policies, procedures, guidelines, and philosophy of our program including being a positive role model for participants. Discretion must always be maintained, protecting participant confidentiality is of primary importance.
Casa Treatment Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or equal veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
We require staff to be vaccinated and complete a temperature check at the beginning of each shift. All staff, regardless of vaccination status, must take a COVID-19 test weekly. We provide masks, face shields, and sanitize common areas after each shift.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Registration with CCAPP, CAADE, or CADTP
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location